Here are some pictures of Johns cabin. It has the kitchen that I always dreamed of having. Sigh, someday.
Since we don't own a boat or a jet ski, we always rent one or the other. This year we decided to rent a jet ski. We usually go to Rendevous Beach and there we can chill and take turns riding the wave runner. Last year while we were on the beach, we noticed these men in sunglasses randomly sitting around watching people. I told Dallas they reminded me of secret service men. Turned out the Governor of Utah, Governor Hubert was with his family right next to us for the day!
I am not sure why Becky is making this face? Ha
When we weren't wave running we were trying to use the inflatable raft that we have owned for 25 years and have only used a few times. It still floats! Good thing we had Michael to blow it up!
Becky and Brandon always find ways to have fun! They continually make me laugh. I guess because they are only 15 months apart in age, they have always enjoyed doing things together. Love these two!
Since Caleb has been on his mission, I have teased my new son in law that he is temporarily taking his place. Caleb will get home in 5 months so Michael won't have to be Caleb's replacement anymore. He is a wonderful son in law and he treats Heather so good. I sure love them!
This year we decided to go to the Minnetonka Cave which is just over the boarder in Idaho. Before we went in, we went on a hike around the area. We had stopped on the way and read out of the Book of Mormon about when Christ died and how there was three days of darkness. One cool thing in the cave was when they turned off the lights and it was so dark that your eyes would never be able to adjust to it. It was like being blind. How cool that we just read about the thick darkness as a sign that Christ had died and then we were able to experience it not long after! I told the kids that I planned it all along, but they didn't believe me. Ha. Just a tender mercy to help us appreciate the scriptures!
We had so much fun feeding the little chipmunks. There was one that was really chubby so we called him Chubs. The name caught on to everyone around us and it was funny to hear everyone talking about Chubs!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment