The "Shep" herders

The "Shep" herders
The cutest flock on the block

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Cedar City Trip

Last Friday Dallas, Brandon, Becky and me took a two day trip down to Cedar City Utah.  We picked up Brandon and Becky after my work on Friday and headed down to spend some quality time together.  The main reason for going was to go see one of my absolute favorite shows, Les Miserables!  I have now seen it 8 or 9 times and every time I still cry and laugh as though it was the first time I had ever seen it!  I first saw it back in 1992 in New York City with Lee and Terry Daniels.  We bought our 15 dollar standing tickets, where we stood for the performance behind the 60 dollar patrons.  When intermission would come we would find somewhere to sit for a few minutes while everyone else wanted to stand and stretch their legs.  Needless to say after that I was hooked and couldn't wait to see it again.  Anyways, this was our first time ever going to the Shakespearean Festival in Cedar City.  I was not disappointed!  When we arrived on Friday, Becky had a date with a boy who attends SUU, so Brandon and I hit up Dairy Queen for some ice-cream and went back to the hotel and watched a movie.  On Saturday we decided to drive up the canyon to Cedar Breaks Monument.  It was beautiful, but what was more fun was randomly stopping to go horseback riding.  This turned out to be Brandon's first time on a horse.  I had no idea he had never been riding before.  It was so peaceful and beautiful, it made me want a horse until I saw how often they pooped along they way.  Ha.  When we got back to the hotel we went swimming and Brandon almost broke his nose on the wall as he was demonstrating his Michael Phelps butterfly moves!  That evening we went to the Randall L. Jones theater and saw Les Miserables.  The story is so uplifting and tells an amazing story of forgiveness and redemption.  I was so glad to be able to spend some time with a couple of my kids and my husband.  I decided I need to do some kind of a road trip at least every other month or sooner!
 Brandon and Becky having fun in the car ride down.

Signing our lives away for the horse back riding fun!
                                   

 Waiting to get saddled up on the horses.
                                         
        Dallas ready to go!
                                             
    Brandon on his horse Mesquite.  He fell in love with that horse!
                 
Becky on her horse Cady.  She got the only female horse.
                           
 Taking a break on the trail.
                                               
      We all loved our horses.
                                             
   SOOOOOO FUN!
                                                   
Dallas and I at Cedar Breaks Monument.
                                       
        Brandon and Becky too close to the edge.
                               
  Beautiful views! Becky's shirt says 200 club.  She is part of the over 200 score club for bowling at BYU!  She is pretty proud of that!
 
My model picture of Brandon

       Love my hubby!
                                                   
In front of the Randal L. Jones Theater in Cedar City for Les Miserables     
                                                                                                                                                                   They are almost like twins. They are only 15 months apart.  On the car ride home they enjoyed some giant gummi bears that I bought.
                                                                                                                                                     
We added Lee to our family picture since he felt left out that we didn't invite him. This got a good laugh on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment